Monday, July 28, 2014

Play Games For Family Fun And Creating Memories

   I have some pretty strange memories of when I was growing up, but some of them were pretty cool. My family, on my mom's side, tend to be night owls. We also were one of the first families out of all my relatives, to move down to Florida from New Jersey.

   When relatives wanted to go on vacation, guess where they visited? Our house, of course. Florida was known as the 'Sunshine State' but every time my aunt and uncle came down, it rained every day that they were with us. But we had fun anyway.

   Because we are all night owls on that side of the family, we would be playing cards during the night when most people were sleeping. We played Crazy Eights. We had a lot of fun, while others were making night sounds!

   But everyone moved down to Florida, so we don't have any more card games during the night. But, I still have decks of cards and I bring them when we go on vacation. My husband can take the kids hiking, but I can get out the cards and we can play cards as long as we want to. We do go swimming together though, most of the time, weather permitting.

  There are different card games that families can play, but one I like a lot is Uno. They look a little different than regular cards but they are just as fun to play.

   In a day when Apple has taken over our minds, we can still stop what we are doing on our computers and I-Pads, and get out a deck of cards! What games do you play with your families?

No comments:

Post a Comment