Saturday, July 19, 2014

Create Good Memories For Your Children and Grandchildren

  I happen to have a good memory, and I can remember all kinds of things when I was little, some good, as well as some bad. I will take those memories with me the rest of my earthly life.

  What my memories have shown me is the evidence of God's grace in my life. I was raised in a morally good home, but we did not know the Lord yet. But God was there, preparing us for when we would come to know Him.

   We grew up when things were considered primitive. Technology was still a long way away. Our first TV was black and white, with a hard to turn dial. We rode our bikes to our friend's houses and played softball in the street. We went to drive in theaters and we climbed trees. We played in the woods and we built our own forts. Fortunately, I don't remember the hard things, the things that could have kept me in bondage or in bad relationships with people.
 
   One of the memories I have is of Bosco. Many years ago, there was a chocolate milk syrup called, 'Bosco' and, of course to a child's tongue, it tastes great. We also had 'pink milk' which was strawberry flavored Nestle Quik. We also had Mr. Softee, which was an ice cream truck that delivered orange flavored ice cream treats. The Good Humor man also came around. I remember the blue colored raspberry popsicles I picked out when I got to stand in line to get my ice cream treat.

   Today, Mr. Softee is long gone. The Good Humor man comes around occasionally. No more Bosco though. We can still get 'pink milk' from the grocery store. But, better yet, we can make our own pink milk! Here's how.

Pink Milk

1 cup milk
5 fresh strawberries (unless they are organic, they have been sprayed so wash thoroughly)
*Sweetener to taste (Stevia, coconut sugar, xylitol)

Take the green part of the strawberries off and put the strawberries, sweetener, and milk in a blender or food processor. Blend until everything is fully incorporated together.

Pink Milk in the blender



Now, for learning how to make Farina Dumplings!  
When I find a copy-cat recipe for Bosco, I will post it.
* Be careful about sugar substitutes. Sugar is bad for you, but the artificial sweeteners are just as bad. Some bad artificial sweeteners are Splenda, Sweet & Low, Equal. Sugar substitutes that are fine to use would include; honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, date palm sugar, xylitol, stevia, agave.

No comments:

Post a Comment