This meatloaf has a twist to it though. Meatloaf doesn't have to be the boring blob you put on the table every week. You can embellish the meatloaf and each one can have a different personality!
Meatloaf With Ricotta Cheese
*1 pound ground beef
*1 cup bread crumbs
*garlic salt, to taste
*herbs, spices, to taste (I like Bouquet Garni by Penzey's)
*1/2 cup barbecue sauce
*2 slices bacon, optional (use nitrate, nitrite free)
*1 cup ricotta cheese
1. Combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, and egg. Mix with hands until thoroughly combined.
2. Add herbs, spices, and garlic salt
3. Pat mixture into a rectangle, 8" X 6" (If your meatloaf roll is not this exact shape, it will still turn out fine!)
4. Put ricotta cheese on top of meatloaf rectangle.
5. Roll up meatloaf roll, short side up.
6. Place on greased sheet or pan (I use softened butter to grease my pans with.)
7. Cut bacon slices in half and place on top of meatloaf. Put barbecue sauce on the top and smear it down the sides.
8. Place in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
|Meatloaf Rectangle with Ricotta on top|
|Almost ready to go into the oven!|