Thursday, July 10, 2014

Grieving Again

Ok this is not really a homemaking tip, but a reminder of a truth, that life is like a vapor. It goes by really fast, and sometimes we fail to appreciate the gifts God has given us for a season.

  A Christmas song by the Carpenters came to my mind. I was thinking of what it reminded me of. There was a time when I had two little girls and was looking forward to having more, or whatever God was going to do in our lives, in our family. All the excitement in the eyes of our little girls.

  For a brief moment, my life went into History, in my memories. The trips to the mountains before Christmas. The preparations we made during Christmas Eve to prepare for all the activities that were to come later on in the day and the next day.

  The little girls are grown up now, but the memories of those Christmases are still there. Kind of sad, but I am thankful for all the blessings.

  I have lots of special Christmas memories. Each one has songs to go with them. The songs are very sad when I hear them. But they are very happy memories and I have to enjoy them. I have songs that remind me of being pregnant with some of my children. I have songs that remind me of all the band concerts I took my son to, that he was part of during his school years. That season of my life is over, but new life and memories are being made.

  So the tip for today is that no matter how difficult raising children is, no matter how many difficulties there are with our families, and challenges, remember that children grow up and one day we will be left with just the memories. Enjoy the moment. Our little boys and girls will soon be adults having their own families and creating their own memories, and that is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment