Thursday, August 21, 2014

On Cleaning Stainless Steel Appliances

   I know I am slow at learning, and this experience is not exception. A couple of years ago, we bought all new appliances for our kitchen. All the appliances are stainless steel, and the stove top is glass. Up until about two months ago, I tried everything to clean these appliances. I used different natural cleaning products, soap and water, and even Basic H, which cleans everything well. Smudge marks were still there. And forget trying to keep the stove top clean.
  The refrigerator, dishwasher, and stovetop never looked clean. In fact, wherever I washed them, when it dried, you could see streaks.
 Finally, it dawned on me to clean it off with a napkin or paper towel. Something finally worked! The streaks are gone now. It's about time!
  Yes, I do still have to use soap and water occasionally, because there are things stuck on the appliances that need to be washed off. But when it is finished drying, I can go over it with a paper towel. Even a dish towel works, if it is not too wet.

     

How easy it could have been, if I had only known!

No comments:

Post a Comment