Saturday, August 23, 2014

Homemade Sprite-Alike Recipe - Safe Soda

   I like soda, but soda from the store is not good for us. I used to drink soda until I realized how many chemicals are in it, plus the fact that soda is loaded with sugar. I have actually seen people who stopped drinking soda, lose weight. So, my goal is to make a 'safe' soda to drink.

  This one doesn't have sugar in it, nor does it have chemicals to make it taste good. It is easy to make, although you may need to find the ingredients somewhere other than a grocery store.


'Safe' Sprite Like Soda

10-15 drops of liquid Stevia*
1 tsp. pure lemon juice
1 tsp. pure lime juice
1 cup Club soda
Crushed ice

  Place crushed ice on bottom of a glass. Place the drops of liquid Stevia on the crushed ice. Add the lemon and lime juices, and pour the Club soda into the glass. Stir and enjoy.

You may also want to vary the amount of Stevia to your taste. Experiment with the recipe and adapt it to your own taste buds.

Note: Although this is what I would consider a 'safe' recipe for soda, there are other recipes for fermented sodas that are way more valuable nutritionally than this one. I have made homemade root beer and ginger ales, and because of the probiotics in them, they have nutritional value that the soda above does not have. Plus, making homemade root beer can be expensive, but I personally think it is worth making it that way, if you are not in a pinch for time or money.


* If you can't find liquid Stevia at the store, you can order it from here (Click on the picture):

No comments:

Post a Comment