Sunday, December 28, 2014

New and Unusual Family Activity - Hunting for The Dropped Pecans

   I am boring when it comes to playing games with my family. When my older girls were little, I played 'Huckle, Buckle Bean Stalk' with them. I hid the homemade bean bag and when the girls came back into the room, if they got near the hidden bean bag, I would say to them that they are getting warm. When they were really close, I would say 'hot'. This activity went on for a little while in our home.

   Then there was the game my husband played with all the kids. All the lights would be turned out and he would hide somewhere in the house. The kids would look all around the house and then when they found him, he would chase after them in the dark. It's a wonder that no one ever got hurt playing this game! But the kids remember this one fondly.

   Well, while we were on vacation in Georgia, we visited a place in Georgia called, Dahlonega. It is a quaint little town with a lot of History. Lots of people came here to dig for gold, or should I say, 'panning' for gold. But there were people here searching for something else.

   At first, it looked like people were looking for money, or maybe even something they had lost that needed to be found immediately. They were all inside this park. Then we were walking down the sidewalk and there was a man looking for something. It looked like the same thing. My husband had to ask.

   The man explained that he was looking for pecans. There were a lot of pecan trees on that street, so we decided to also hunt for pecans. It was a good way to spend our time while we waited for dinner time to come around.

Here's a good way to spend time while waiting for dinner!

Hunting for pecans can be fun and educational.
Just think, if we could have collected enough pecans, I would be able to make a pecan pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment