Saturday, November 29, 2014

Look What I Made! Christmas Cookies

Christmas cookies are a delightful way to create a memory for loved ones to remember Christmases in the past. I have been making this recipe for years, and I believe it is a recipe either made by Hillary Clinton or a recipe that she likes. I came from a homemaking magazine, but I can't remember which one.



   Every year I try to make a couple of batches of Gingerbread men. Also, a new cookie I like is a chocolate chip cookie made with butter and cream cheese. These cookies turn out very large, even when I try to make them small! They remind me of the ones you can buy at the stands inside the malls. I can see why people would buy them. I made a batch and put them out at a garage sale, and sold all I put out, and one lady wanted one even though they were gone, so I went into the house and got her the cookie and she bought it.

   I have been trying to soak anything that is made with grains, but, I haven't found a recipe yet that will teach me how to make soaked cookies. Unsoaked grains can cause gas, much like the kind you find in baked beans. But for right now, I will pay a little extra money if I am making small batches of cookies, and buy organic ingredients, as much as possible.

   We used to make these and give them to the neighbors at Christmas time, but recently, the neighbors are never home, or perhaps they are, but won't answer the door. I will continue to make cookies at Christmas time to create a good Christmas memory, if not for anything else.

   Cooking is a lot of work, but it is worth it when you can make something worthwhile. Homemade cookies have less (if any) preservatives and other harmful ingredients compared to store bought cookies.

   Maybe when coconut sugar is less expensive and more available, we can use that for the 'sugar' that I hate to use in cooking or baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment