Thursday, July 31, 2014

So Much To Do - It's All Good Too!

   All those little tasks are hard to remember, so I started to write them down. So far, today, I have accomplished a few of them that needed to get done. There's still quite a few tasks that will have to wait until tomorrow.
   My accomplishments for today include, cleaning 2 litter boxes out, starting a 'ginger bug' which is a culture made with ginger that is used in making root beer, writing a couple of blogs, making sunflower seed butter, and making a long awaited trip to Trader Joe's. Did I mention that I am completely finished with making a graphic to put onto T-Shirts for us to wear in the Christmas Parade?
   Anyway, Trader Joe's seems to be a really cool store. Lots of organic stuff there. Very crowded though. Kind of reminds me of a Whole Foods store. Every time I go to Whole Foods, it is too crowded to make my way through the aisles!
   I have always like hot dogs, in spite of the fact that my biology teacher in ninth grade told us that he went to a factory that made hot dogs, and he said that if you knew how hot dogs were made, you would never eat another one. I always pray over my food and have never researched how hot dogs are made, but recently I have learned more and more of the dangers of nitrates and nitrites. I also heard that children who eat a lot of hot dogs were at risk for cancer. Kind of takes the fun out of eating hot dogs with news like that.
   Trader Joe's and Whole Foods have come to the rescue though. They both sell Nitrate free hot dogs, and the hot dogs actually taste pretty good. I have tried other brands that don't have nitrates, but they don't taste good. Now we can all return to our hot dog eating again.
   I get to drink the root beer I made last week. It tastes just as good as the first batch. I am always amazed at how a 'ginger bug' can ferment the root beer enough to make it super carbonated. I have a short video showing what it looks like when you open a bottle up.






No comments:

Post a Comment