Friday, July 11, 2014

Homemade Marshmallows Without Using Sugar - Yum!

  I did it. I made marshmallows for the first time last night. Instead of using sugar, I used honey. I don't like the taste of honey, but the marshmallows did turn out well. The marshmallows stay fresh for about a week. I wonder why you are supposed to do with them after the week is over, if you have any leftover?
 
Cut up marshmallow fluff spread in pan

I had a hankering for chocolate covered marshmallows, so, I took some chocolate chips, (Ghiradelli 60% cacao bittersweet) and melted them on my warmer burner, then dipped the cut up marshmallows into the melted chocolate chips. They needed to go into the fridge to harden, and the marshmallows did start to melt in the chocolate. 

I would like to say the whole thing is sugar free, but most of it is, just not the chocolate chips. But this is a whole lot better to eat than store bought, factory made candy. 

Yum! Homemade chocolate covered marshmallows
made with honey instead of sugar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment